97.5 Y-Country Medical Minute – Pool Safety 101
Now that the rain clouds have cleared, summer is in full swing in southwest Michigan. This week’s Y-Country Medical Minute quickly discusses tips on how to enjoy pool days the safe and healthy way.
Before You Jump In
- Be sure to test the water levels using pH strips to ensure the water is safe for swimming.
- Protect your skin by using a sunscreen with at least SPF 15 that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
- Use well-fitted Coast Guard approved life jackets rather than foam or air-filled toys.
Safe and Healthy Pool Party
- Don’t pee or poop in the water.
- Don’t swallow the water.
- Keep an eye on children at all times.
- Take a break every hour to make sure everyone uses the restroom, check/change diapers, and reapply sunscreen.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
When You Get Out
- Dry ears thoroughly with a towel after swimming.
- Thoroughly dry off with a clean towel and change into dry clothes.
- Check water levels with pH strips and adjust accordingly.
Y-Country Medical Minute
Tune in to the Y-Country Medical Minute brought to you by Cassopolis Family Clinic Network every Monday morning at 8:40 on 97.5 Y Country, during the Matt Malone Morning Show.