97.5 Y Country Medical Minute – Fall Allergy Season is Here
Fall is a beautiful time of the year here in southwest Michigan. The leaves are changing, the apples are delicious, and the pumpkins are ready for picking. One downfall, allergies. This week’s Y-Country Medical Minute briefly discusses the symptoms of fall allergies and what you can do at home to eliminate some of the symptoms.
Fall Allergy Symptoms
- Watery, itchy, or irritated eyes
- A runny nose, sneezing, and nasal congestion
- A headache
- Dry or itchy throat
Things You Can Do
- Put your glasses on rather than wearing contacts. If you must wear your contacts, be sure to clean them more often.
- Use a cold compress on your eyes to settle itchy or irritated eyes.
- Close the windows on windy or high pollen level days.
- Wipe down your pets when they come inside to remove allergens from their coat or fur.
Y-Country Medical Minute
Tune in to the Y-Country Medical Minute brought to you by Cassopolis Family Clinic Network every Monday morning at 8:40 a.m. on 97.5 Y Country, during the Matt Malone Morning Show.