97.5 Y-Country Medical Minute – Fair Week Healthy 7.29.2019
Fair season is upon us in southwest Michigan starting this week at the Cass County Fair. This week’s Y-Country Medical Minute quickly discusses tips on how to stay healthy during fair week.
Make a Plan
- Everyone has a favorite food at the fair whether it be deep-fried Oreos, corn dogs, elephant ears, or a burrito from the El Amigo Pepe food truck. Fair food is known for being deep-fried and served in giant portions. Here’s the best part – just because there is a large amount of food in your order doesn’t mean you have to eat it all. Sharing your order with a friend or family member is a great option.
- Skip the fried food. If you are trying to avoid fried food at the Cass County fair, check out the Firemen’s Grill and the El Amigo Pepe food truck for some great options.
- Before you head out to the fair, it is helpful to eat a healthy meal/snack. This will help to curve the cravings and help you to make better food choices.
- Pack healthy snacks for you and your family. Granola bars, pretzels, fruit, and crackers are some great options to take to the fair.
- Always pack a cooler of water for your car and carry a water bottle with you. Fair week always seems to be one of the warmest weeks of the year making it extremely important to stay hydrated.
- From petting farm animals to ridding rides, kids seem to touch everything at the fair. Be sure to pack hand sanitizer.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Bring your sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- Protect your hearing by bringing earplugs if attending the tractor pulls or demolition derby. If you forget yours, we have some available at the Cassopolis Family Clinic Network booth.
Y-Country Medical Minute
Tune in to the Y-Country Medical Minute brought to you by Cassopolis Family Clinic Network every Monday morning at 8:40 on 97.5 Y Country, during the Matt Malone Morning Show.