97.5 Y-Country Medical Minute – Breast Cancer Awareness
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. According to the Breast Cancer Foundation, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. This week’s Y-Country Medical Minute quickly discusses what you can do to reduce your risk of breast cancer and how to take steps toward early detection.
What can I do to reduce my risk of breast cancer?
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Stay physically active
- Eat fruits and vegetables
- Do not smoke
- Limit alcohol consumption
Early Detection is Key
- Perform monthly breast self-exams
- Be sure to talk to your healthcare professional if you notice anything unusual
- Schedule annual women’s exams
- After age 40
- It is encouraged for women over 30 who have a history of breast cancer in their immediate family
Y-Country Medical Minute
Tune in to the Y-Country Medical Minute brought to you by Cassopolis Family Clinic Network every Monday morning at 8:40 a.m. on 97.5 Y-Country during the Matt Malone Morning Show.