97.5 Y-Country Medical Minute - Healthy Halloween
97.5 Y-Country Medical Minute – Healthy Halloween
Even though Halloween is still a few weeks away, children are excited to pick out their costumes and prepare for upcoming Halloween festivities. This week’s Y-Country Medical Minute quickly discusses helpful tips on how to keep you and your family safe this Halloween.
Safe Sweet Treats
- Make sure to examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them.
- Discard unwanted treats.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats.
- Avoid eating homemade treats made my strangers.
- Ration sweets to avoid unhealthy binge eating.
- Wear well-fitted masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls.
- Check product labels to make sure costumes are flame retardant.
- Always trick-or-treat in groups or with a trusted adult. Never trick-or-treat alone.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
- Use a flashlight to see where you are going and also for drivers to see you.
- Always use sidewalks if available, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
Y-Country Medical Minute
Tune in to the Y-Country Medical Minute brought to you by Cassopolis Family Clinic Network every Monday morning at 8:40 on 97.5 Y Country, during the Matt Malone Morning Show.